Sunday 17 February 2008

A Multi-Headed Post, A Hydra

Hey guys, first off apologies for not posting in damn near a week, but as i shall explain there has been shit happening thathas barely given me enough time to play, never mind think about(yeah right-ed) Plan and produce a blog post.

However rest assured that we are back into the swing of things, I have a weeks worth of thoughts i am anxious to get written down so let me kick off this new spree of posts with some good news!

My SPANKING computer is back with me 19 days without it, forced to survive on a crummy laptop, and boom here it is, Sparkling in its glory as good as it ever was, but not only that, its BETTER.

I'll Explain. THe graphics card that was in my computer previously was, to put a fine word to it, buggered. SO we have replaced it with a Geforce 8800 GtX, or for the computer illiterate, a BIG SHINY ONE. WoW looks good again, Crysis looks amasing. all in all, VERY pleased, the graphics on crysis alone were (almost) worth the 19 days without machine.

So with a Sparkling new computer i turned my attentions to getting myself sorted and back into the internet routine, so i checked my emails for the blog to find myself inundated with litterally 2 emails asking who i was, what my character looked like and what realm i play on. Now this disturbed me slightly for 2 reasons.

1, it might mean i have stalkers leveling on the alliance with the sole purpose of killing me.

2. becuase i have told everyone who and what i play several times in the last 2 months of blogging, wich makes me wonder what kind of retard i am actually attracting to my articles.

But for the retards among you, i play a character called QUINCEY , on the realm EONAR (eu), feel free to come and talk to me, i am always pleasantly suprised, and usually more than willing to talk to anyone with constructive critism for my blog, i take it well honestly. Just please be considerate with it, for example spamming me in the middle of arena, or Serpent Shrine will probably not yield the best results and may in extreme cases lead to me ignoring you completely!

One of the conversations i have had becuase of my blog came from a young rogue, he was rolled on Magtheridon EU (can't remeber your name, sorry dude whisper me again i'lll credit you honest) he was asking what kind of stats a rogue should be aiming for to move out of karazhan and into big boy raiding. Now i have never pretended to be an expert on all that is rogue, i dont do theory crafting and for damn sure number aint my strong point (thats numbers, AND spelling do i have a strong point?) so all i can do for you mr-ye-who-cannot-be-named is show you the stats that I currently have as a fairly average SSC rogue.

Now this is fully raid buffed but here are the stats i had in SSC last night

Hmmmmm Heartless.

(quite proud of my rogue, so hurtfull comments down to a minimum PLEASE)

Now probably the 2 most important factors to bare in mind are you Attack power, and your hit rating, since the rogue in question is just comming out of Karazhan haste really isnt an issue since there isnt that much knocking around.

a good ammount of hit to aim for comming out of karazhan would be around 220 - 230 ish, the more the better of course, dont ever stop collecting hit untill you hit 304, but be sure to balance it out with your other stats too, particully Attack power

Now attack power can vary, not just on gear, but on your specc too, never underestimate the 10% extra attack power granted by 5/5 deadliness in the subtely tree, but as a rough, and i do mean a rough guide a rogue shoul look at a minimum of around 1300-1400 attack power to head into serpent shrine (unbuffed) this should warrent at LEAST 2k attack power buffed, again the more the better, but in a delecate balance with your HIT rating, they should scale up together as best as you can possibably manage. This leaves us with the wonder stat....

Haste- haste is a wonder stat, but only in large quantities, small amounts will fruit you not enough in the way of returns while large amounts are the single best stats for your dps. However comming out of karazhan there really isnt that much available to you. You should, however, by this time be running heroics fairly regularly (preferably with your guildies, a good guild willl never make you PuG), combine this with karazhan and you have yourself a reasonable amount of Badges of Justice comming in,giving us Badge gear and the gear from ZA DOES have HASTE, our lovely wonder stat, and in reasonable amounts too, but you have to watch your self with this gear, make sure the rest of your gear is well gemmed and enchanted since this gear lacks a lot on the hit rating front. Not much good being able to hit fast if your hitting thin air. Makes sense. I guess.

I hope that answers your query Mystery Rogue, and gives you some food for thought, make sure to contact me, or any of you, if you have a question for me, im contactable through my email address, Phoenixquincey@gmail.com, or in game of course.

Right, what else did i want to talk about, Oh yes, THAT

We have had some new arrivals into the hell pit stop, Phoenix Legion, Zenzeurad Avantis and Gnawed, all melee, and therefore under my durisdiction Muwhahahaa *cough* ahahaah. but in all seriousness, all 3 have demonstrated fairly good skills as raiders and all 3 have excellent attitudes, unless something drastic happens i can't see why all 3 of won't pass thier trials with flying colours and with a little guidance and gear become top notch Phoenix Legion members.

In other news..
As some of the readers will be able to tell you, my brother has been away for the better part of a year, but i am pleased to annouce that my brother has landed back in the UK saftley, a whole 3 days before my parent expected. yes he gave them quite a shock ;). im glad to see him back safe and sound, but ye gods he hasnt stopped talking since he got back, i can hardly get a word in edgeways!, im joking, Glad to see you back Ben.

and finnally
Entrecard. as some of the more observant of my readers may have noticed we ahve a new widget on the site, the infamous Entrecard Widget.
For those of you who don't understand, or have never heard about entrecard let me explain, entrecard is a form of free advertising for blogs. people exhange adverts on other blog for entrecard credits, allowing us to carefully select who we want to advertise with, and who gets to advertise on our blog. for all of you who dont have a blog then this will probably not make much differnce, i have tried to place it out of the way, while making it easy to see at the same time, not an easy feat. if you want to learn more about this i suggest you head on over to entrecard.com and check it out.

Phew, glad to get all that off my chest :D
See you later for more mad, badly spelled ramblings at a later date

-Quin.

No comments: