Friday 11 April 2008

A New Era Dawns!

He he - didn't think id be posting here again.

Ni Hao, Welcome back to Backstab, Lets start with what has been happening in the last month and 3 days.

First off you need to read This Post , this was me quitting, including all my reasons for quitting. I lasted a grand total of 27 days and 16 hours before coming back, turns out all i needed was a break. It didn't take long at all for me to remember what i did love and enjoy ( and miss in the end) about this game.

Now my timing on my break actually has timed fairly well with what has been happening in my guild. Since i left my guild has barely raided at all, the slump they were in dipped into an all time low, they just couldn't get the numbers needed for 25 man raiding, so as i took my break so did they, from 25 man content. Now that i am back however 25 man content is up and running again (coincidence? I THINK NOT!), Big changes have come for the guild that i love in the form of the absorption of a smaller guild from our Realm. Kamadan are now proud members (at least i hope they are proud :P) of Phoenix legion, they are great people just a little bit less geared than us, but with the same Fun raiding attitude, and they are learning quickly too, this week they have fought along side us to clear TK, SSC, Karazhan, Gruul and Magtheridon (no Vashj or Kael tho) they have picked up tactics (and a fair amount of loot!) well, all in all a very successful merge that has left us with more than enough raiders to go around.

"Why!", i hear you cry, "Why are you still raiding T5 content?" That's a very good question, Our Guild leader feels (and i happen to agree) due to our slump before the break, the new(ish) members we have acquired and the time off we had, we needed to get back into content slowly instead of dive bombing straight into Mount Hyjal. Its a very good point, and we have happily accepted not going to Mount Hyjal straight away just for the return of proper raids.

So why am i back, well for one i missed my guild just that damn much, in particular my guild leader (Creamcheese) his partner (Softcheese) and a number of other people (Rogir, Rile, Thundervoice, Grimroy, Kaszaam, Zoidy-COME BACK!, the list goes on a long time). The truth is people are what this game what it is, you have to really take a step back from the game to notice it, too notice that your epics wouldn't Even be there and really nothing compares to raiding with friends.

Note! GM's are EVIL- there is a story to this btw.
A Few days after i decided to quit my Account was broken into presumably from the script that was found on wowhead, (wowhead is clean now btw - no need to boycott or anything) These bastards sold my tier 1, and a lot of the items from my bank, although curiously they didn't sell anything my character was wearing apart from my trinkets. (we assume they were going to try and sell the rogue on), And then used my bank alt to start trading on the auction house (sending gold to people who had bought it, THAT'S RIGHT I KNOW WHO HAS BOUGHT GOLD ON EONAR EU - AND THE GMS DO KNOW ;) *ahem*, now i had no idea that this was going on, i was at college when a buddy of mine who plays a warlock on my realm called me and asked if it was me on my account or someone else. They could have been at this a number of hours!. When i got home from college i went around to a friends and we posted a ticket to a GM telling them what had happened, who they had been sending gold to (via the AH) etc, etc. And i carried on my wow break.

I later received this email

Account Name: GEZZA03
Type of Violation: Involvement in online trading activities
Investigation Concluded: 10/03/2008
Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours, Password Reset and Final Warning issued.

Online trading refers to the exchange of in-game content for real world money, and includes, but is not limited to, the sale or purchase of gold, the sale or purchase of experience in the form of powerlevelling, and the sale or purchase of honor points, reputation or items.

Account access is the responsibility of the account owner and account sharing is against our Terms of Use (http://www.wow-europe.com/en/legal/termsofuse.html). Therefore, should you believe someone other than yourself (the account owner) has committed this violation of the Terms of Use with your account, these sanctions would still apply, as our action is taken against the account, not the individual.

What they are basically saying is that "we know it isn't you, but here's your final warning anyway" fair? No, but why does this make GM's gits? well they wont give me my gear back that was vendored. That's why they are gits, Full stop.

Right- talked about that that AND that- Oh yes.

In my last post before the "break" the comments left all seemed to think that i am solely obsessed with loot, maybe i worded the post wrong when i went on my rant against badge loot, I'm all for raiding for fun and what not - hell that's why I'm with the legion and not some jumped up military style hardcore guild, I dislike badge loot because it feels to me that people are cheating, like skipping levels in sonic or something - they haven't needed to see the old content, and clearly don't want to either - they are the ones raiding for loots - not myself, Ive worked from ground up and seen everything (many times :P) on the way, don't get me confused with the loot whores please - i find it rather offensive.


So - I'm back, Did ya miss me? :) Hopefully ill get back into the routine and find a creative new use for spellchecker by my next post ^.^

2 comments:

Alex - aka Firelight said...

Welcome back dude!

Glad you got everything sorted.

I'd be really upset if my account was hacked.

MarcusMaximi said...

WoooHoooo!

Welcome Back.

Ohhh - And make an official complaint about your final warning!!